said their business development efforts were more effective as a result of their participation in the Roundtable
said their business developments efforts were more efficient as a result of their participation in the Roundtable
Schopf & Weiss
The Women Rainmakers Roundtable helps successful women partners become rainmakers.
The Roundtable is a unique, proven approach to building your book of business. This two-year coaching program provides the skills, support, network, and accountability needed to generate business. Since 1997, the Roundtable has helped more than 500 women partners from leading law firms achieve their business development goals. A list of firms that have previously participated in the Roundtable is available at www.clientfocus.net/clientlist
In surveys of Roundtable members:
- Virtually all respondents said their goals for participating in the Roundtable were met.
- More than two-thirds reported that their books of business had grown significantly as a result of their participation.
Roundtable members attribute these measurable results to the program's focus, practicality, and systematic approach, as well as to the support of their fellow Roundtable members. To get a sense of the impact the Roundtable has had on its members, please read testimonials from past participants at www.clientfocus.net/testimonials
The Roundtable helps its members build their books of business by:
- Demystifying the business development process with a step-by-step approach
- Focusing business-building efforts where they are most likely to produce results
- Identifying marketing activities that draw on personal strengths
- Maintaining momentum in marketing
- Expanding support and referral networks
- Increasing business development confidence
Each Roundtable is limited to 30 women partners. The Roundtable meets in person for a two-day workshop every six months during the course of the two-year program. In the months in which there is not an in-person workshop, you receive ongoing support through monthly group telephone coaching sessions and e-mail contact.
The in-person workshops focus on critical rainmaking skills:
- Focusing business development efforts on the most effective and efficient marketing activities
- Selecting marketing approaches that draw on personal strengths
- Developing client-focused marketing messages
- Building relationships that result in business
- Following up with prospects effectively
- Asking for referrals and business in a way that is comfortable
The monthly group telephone coaching sessions discuss key business development issues, including:
- Finding time for business development
- Capitalizing on face-to-face marketing
- Identifying a niche
- Asking friends for business
- Making the most of speaking and writing opportunities
The telephone coaching sessions are recorded, so if a member is unable to participate in the scheduled call, she can listen to it at a later time.
The next Roundtable will have workshops in San Francisco on the following dates:
- April 3 and 4, 2014
- September 4 and 5, 2014
- March 26 and 27, 2015
- September 17 and 18, 2015
This is the only new Roundtable that will start in 2014 and the last San Francisco-based Roundtable we will offer.
Workshops start on Thursday afternoon at 1 p.m., include dinner on Thursday evening, and conclude at noon on Friday.
Membership in the Roundtable is by invitation only.